This Code of Ethics is established to promote and maintain the highest professional standards of service and conduct among the membership of the Colorado Geo Energy & Heat Pump Association (CoGEHPA). A member shall uphold this Code by action and example and shall encourage other professionals to do the same. Through high regard for and strict enforcement of this Code, membership in this Association will signify advancement in the geo energy industry based on individual responsibility, character and professionalism. A member having positive knowledge of a violation of the Code of Ethics by another member shall bring such action to the attention of the Board of Directors. Alleged violations shall be dealt with by complying with Section 4.3.2 of the Association’s Bylaws.
1. I will perform duties and services in such fashion as to be a credit to the Association and the geo energy profession.
2. I will promote high ethical standards among fellow members at all times and shall not attempt to either falsely or maliciously injure the reputation, business and/or employment status of any fellow member, individual, organization or agency.
3. I will place client benefit before profit and exercise integrity in declining any business opportunity that will knowingly do an injustice to the client.
4. My communications will be forthright and I will state all contract terms and warranties in writing.
5. Where I am the principal designer for a geoexchange system, I will prepare a heat loss and heat gain calculation in accordance with accepted industry methods and abide by applicable codes.
6. I will insure that all installation work that I am responsible for will be installed and checked in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, industry standards and applicable codes.
7. Upon completion of any geoexchange system installation provided at my direction, I will acquaint the customer with the system operation and owner maintenance procedures.
8. I will make every effort to promptly adjust any cause of dissatisfaction when warranted by a customer’s request.
9. I will not condone or practice sexual harassment nor discriminate against others on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, national origin, age, political affiliation or physical abilities.
10. If I acquire positive knowledge of a violation of the Code of Ethics by another member, I shall bring such action to the attention of the Board of Directors. I understand that alleged violations shall be dealt with by complying with Section 4.3.2 of the Association’s Bylaws.